Fish Keeper and Filmmaker
Reaction score
Sometimes Los Angeles, Sometimes Nebraska
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Thank you addy I'm searching for a red koi. That is all I want left loll
Red is one of the hardest colors to find cheap in koi without ordering them because most store-bought koi are poorer quality. The poorer quality or more mix-breed the fish, the more orange the red will appear. At least, that's how I understand it. That white and reddish one looks pretty good though. When it grows larger, the red might "stretch out" into more of an orange though.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Red is one of the hardest colors to find cheap in koi without ordering them because most store-bought koi are poorer quality. The poorer quality or more mix-breed the fish, the more orange the red will appear. At least, that's how I understand it. That white and reddish one looks pretty good though. When it grows larger, the red might "stretch out" into more of an orange though.
That's what I thought, when I saw that one. Thank you I'm getting really picky now with the koi

Reaction score
Country
United States
Orange and white, pretty, but no name yet. I'll try to get some better shots later today. The baby I just got is soon cute, it shall be called goldynose. Yellow nose and stripe down its back...it's about 3-5" long. Looks like B2 is in this shot too, he is hard to see most of the time

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 243
Reaction score
Country
United States
Two of the three we added yesterday. Butterfly...beautiful. One is Rusty, the other Deville. I'm going to have to start writing them all down soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 242
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 292
Reaction score
Country
United States
Fish are all transferred. Whew! The Mr borrowed a seine net to catch them...got all but three of this years fry. One looks like a white scaleless, one is a bronze color, one is blue and orange, one has red looking spots, one more butterfly, about 9 fry total...and two frogs. We carted home two truckloads of rocks with many more loads of rocks to go. Rocks have to be moved before I can even get to the liner. I brought home the filter and pump, cleaned them out and have them running in the big pond, which looks terrible right now. I'm going to get some simply clear or some clarifier when I am across the bridge on Tuesday, after work. Oh, and a snake bit my sons toe while I was taking one load back to the house. He is okay, the snake...not so much. I have a frog in each body of water now.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
One ton of work you are doing. What kind of snake bit his toe? watch for infections.

You are getting one great amount of rocks, saving a lot of pennies.

Ask a Question