New liner question

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
My new pond will be dug soon, so I need to start looking at liners. We have a puppy now that ALWAYS stops at my current "pond" aka stock tank for a drink. I'm not naive in thinking the pup won't get into the new pond. He hates water, but loves drinking that water. That said...should I be looking at something thicker than 45mil? Or will 45 be thick enough to prevent Harvey's claws from puncturing? Not sure what I should be looking for. Thanks!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
The 45 will be fine. My pittie mix had been over 90 pounds (until a diet after knee surgery) and he spent a lot if time chasing frogs in the pond. Harvey may end up about the size of mine, Buster was 4 months old and 33 pounds when i got him, best dog ever.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
pitts can get over 100lbs and can get very muscular and that depends on how much they are mixed .Some times the pit takes over and the mixed part never appears .I have owned 2 and my son owns 3 of them .You will need to keep his claws trimmed.

Ask a Question