New liner

Reaction score
Country
United States
I need a new pond liner. What is the correct way to measure for it? The pond is 12 wide 14 long and 3 ft deep

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
width; 12+6+2=20'
length; 14+6+2=22

I'd actually order one 25'x30' for your pond (unless your measurements are already rounding up) and DON'T cut anything; simply roll it and cover along each edge.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@brokensword gave you the actual measurements. Just so you know, the formula for finding the right liner dimension is length or width of pond + 2x depth + 2' (for safety). And always order the next size up in 5' increments. It's much better to have a few feet left over than to realize your liner is too small.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks so much I'm replacing my old liner but I couldn't remember how to figure the sides.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I would use a tape measure for an exact measurement. Yes, even in the water, just leave it extended out afterwards until it dries. Check your measurements a few times to be sure.

And definitely add a couple feet on all sides, just in case.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would use a tape measure for an exact measurement. Yes, even in the water, just leave it extended out afterwards until it dries. Check your measurements a few times to be sure.

And definitely add a couple feet on all sides, just in case.
Thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
[. It's much better to have a few feet left over than to realize your liner is too small.
yeah, like in case , you know, you decide to turn your bog in a perpendicular direction AFTER you planned and bought a liner for a bog scenario going in the OTHER direction, right CW????

heh heh

:D :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That's what he did cw he just didn't show it his 6 is the two 3 foot drops .
But regardless i do not agree with that theory . like @brokensword said in the end i would over size the liner like he did. One for extra liner the other for OOPPS like a side giving way and having to go larger. liner is relatively cheap compared to having to re due all the rock because a side while building collapse

Ask a Question