New member from Florida

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
Hello to all. My name is Noel and I have been into ponds for about 3 years. I started with a small 1500 gallon pond and went up to 7000 gal a year later. Last year I killed my fish(25) due to a bonehead mistake. I was depressed for a week. Shut the pond down and and turned off pumps and filters. After a week I decided to drain it and when I got to the bottom my pleco(Nesse) was down there, I had forgotten about her. I thought she was dead. I went to net her out and she moved! I was so excited. It was a tiny bright moment in a bad tragedy. I netted her out and put in the rubbermaid 180 gal filter tub.
Well after 8 months I got tired of looking at a hole in the yard and decided to put the liner back in the ground. But I wanted to make things a little smaller. I eleminated the waterfall and went to @ 4000 gallons. Now I can have side bogs that are all one piece of liner(Firestone 45mil) so no leaks.
I have restocked to about 14 fish over the last 6 months. It is still a little green due to cycling, set up again 11/24/09.
I need to invest in a beter filter but fornow I am using a 180 gal R.M. stock tank to make a biological filter. I am using 3 Mag Drive 1800 pumps. 1 goes to the bio filter, 1 into the bog garden, and one to circulate the water with a 3 foot spray bar.(pond is 4' deep) I had a sand filter set up to the waterfall that drew from the very bottom but the pump was expensive to run(old pool pump). I also had a UV sterilizer but it stopped working.
I will post pics but would like to now what the protocal is here. I don't want to step on toes and post in the wrong areas.
Thanks for reading my long intro. I could go on but will save some stuff for future posts.

Attachments

• DSC00023.jpg
    DSC00023.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 350

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum. Florida is a big state, where in Florida are you. You might want to add this in your UserCP.
Feel free to post either in a thread of yours or one relavent to your photos. We also have a Gallery to post in. If you resize your photos to 600 wide, they will be small enough to load. When you go to the Manage Attachments page, you will see the types and size allowed.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Welcome to the forum Koidaddy
There is no real wrong spot on this forum..

Ask a Question