New member intro

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
I am not a regular on forum pages , so apologies if I make initial mistakes.

I will try and upload a photo later, also not so tech savvy...:)

I have a small garden pond, with tropical fish, plants and recently added lilies and lotus plants.

Its now spring so I need to repot the lilies and lotus andfoud this site whicst researching what is required.

Thanks for the info so far.
J

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
welcomeb.gif

Glad to have you with us!

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
I wanted to add lotus to my pond but could not find a plant so planted some seeds I found.... No idea what type. Got lucky in that 2 of the 3 sprouted and are doing well.

Of course within a couple of weeks I found a battered plant in a market and snapped it up.

So my question is ....how do I know what type they are? All I have to go in is their leaf shape. I can try and send a picture of the leaves tomorrow.

The one grown from seed has s a full round and flat, pale green leaf, but as this is a young plant, that may not help.

The other plant is also doing well and we had one flower before the winter set it. White with a yellow middle, tipped with red. Very pretty and a surprise considering the state it was in. However the mild winter was a benefit. It didn't last long a day or so.

So in addition to checking out how to re-pot these, I am trying to identify them.

Thanks for the welcome....back to my research.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome ,I think most of us plant them in pure kitty litter .Not sure how to identify them but sure someone will know on here

Ask a Question