New Member of the Family

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I was in the pet store today (Suncoast Pets) and they had about 30 Goldfish around 4" that they got from a Pond Account the owner wanted to thin out the herd. Since they had so many, they were only asking $5 ea. They had really nice Fantails but most of them were Orange with white tails (Comets), but one stood out and it was a mostly white Sarassa with a red dot on its head and red rings arounds it's eyes. I bought it since my Sarassa got taken by the Heron. Here it is, reminds me of the Tancho Koi.
0224141349.jpg
0224141349b.jpg
0224141513.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
That's really cool! I used to not like predominantly white goldfish, but more and more I understand why they are so cool. That second shot really shows off its beauty.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have a couple of them but thought they were just devil fish with those eyes and did not know it meant something and even gave 4 of them away

Reaction score
nice find! :)
so sarassa comets have standard fins or "butterfly"?
i am slowly trying to identify everything in my pond!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Thanks guys, LOL Sissy! Yeah it was a good find, Never seen one that white before.

jmajid, This one is a standard Fin but the one I had before was a Fantail Sarassa.

Reaction score
jason: thanks - i have one that has the red markings also - not as defined on the head as yours tho! mine is more mutt :)
you got a real nice one there - but then again i dont really mind that he/she has the less defined shapes of red - i just want the fish to be friendly!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I was in the pet store today (Suncoast Pets) and they had about 30 Goldfish around 4" that they got from a Pond Account the owner wanted to thin out the herd. Since they had so many, they were only asking $5 ea. They had really nice Fantails but most of them were Orange with white tails (Comets), but one stood out and it was a mostly white Sarassa with a red dot on its head and red rings arounds it's eyes. I bought it since my Sarassa got taken by the Heron. Here it is, reminds me of the Tancho Koi.
View attachment 66444 View attachment 66445 View attachment 66446

I have a Goldie that looks like that!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
Australia
Firstly - congratulations!! What a beauty! I have some white fish - one is almost pure white with only a tiny orange dot on it's cheek. It was born in my pond a few years ago. It's good to hear someone else counting their fish as part of the family!! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Very nice Jason , a few scales look to have been knocked off a some stage but they'll grow back in time my fiend.
How are ou keeping this guy till you new ponfd is built and have you thought anymore on the design and depth of the pond yet ?
Get it right this time round we can make it heron proof etc ;)

Dave :)

Ask a Question