New member, old pond

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the forum and just found it today as I was researching what may be a problem with my pond. I'll ask about my problems in other threads, but thought it would be good manners to introduce me and my pond here.

I bought my house 6 years ago and inherited the pond from the previous owners. It's a beautiful pond and I feel very lucky. I estimate it holds about 300 gallons of water and I have around 20 fish. I'm not totally sure what kind of fish they are, but I think they are predominantly gold fish. I've definitely had at least 2 koi but the racoons took care of them! The pond seems to be pretty healthy. I have fish born and die over the years; it's a regular circle of life.

Here are some pictures:
Pond:
ronsred88-albums-rons-pond-picture550-pond.jpg

Fish (I tried to coax them to the top with some food, but I'd already fed them this morning and they weren't interested):
ronsred88-albums-rons-pond-picture551-fish.jpg

Ron

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
Nice pond and easy to defend against raccoons. Put a framed net over it using PVC and plastic fencing.

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
KILLer waterfall...... I def see some pretty goldies in there.
You can also use fishing line as well to keep them rascals out...........
Wolf urine is a great too,there is alot of great opinions on this subject!

welcome*

Reaction score
digginponds said:
KILLer waterfall......
You can also use fishing line as well to keep them rascals out...........

welcome*

The problem is, whenever I get too close to fishing line I find myself putting on hooks and bait!

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
RonsRed88 said:
The problem is, whenever I get too close to fishing line I find myself putting on hooks and bait!

haha Then you need some plastic chicken wire ............works wonders as well as keeps your hooks an bait out lol

Attachments

• plasticchickenwire.jpg
    plasticchickenwire.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 271

Ask a Question