Reaction score
Hello,
I am boatman,I build canoes and kayaks,but the reason I am here is because I have a pond about 6X10 with a waterfall,its about 18 inches deep and has various size rocks on the sides and bottom,I have an 1800gph pump and have the skimmer located at the far end of the pond.I have just opened up the pond and it looks great but how do I keep it that way? I live in michigan and this is my 3rd year for the pond.It will look real good for about 1 month I have been using aqua clear and I think that does a great job I also use algae buster,I don't have a big problem with string algae,its the other type that grows on the rocks that I do not like,I have been told that this is the good algae but I would just as soon not have it.Any way I will probably be asking alot of questions in the future.
Dale

Reaction score
Hey Ginnymae,Thanks,I am looking forward to talk and exchange thoughts and Ideas on this forum,right now my pond has just filled up and am waiting to deside what I should do next.
Cheers
Dale

Reaction score
Hi Dale.
It's kind of slow around here - not a lot of members, or they're shy. I've been waiting a month for a reply to my question... :icon_mrgreen:
Anyway, there are usually links to be found that might help. I've only had my pond for a year, so I'm not much help. I found the guys at the local pond store to be a wealth of info, though.
Good luck!
ginny

Reaction score
Sorry for my poor promotion of the site. I have been moving, new job etc. and have not had much time to get things rolling.

Reaction score
Hi Chris,
I understand exactly,besides it feels like the middle of winter all around the country,I posted a couple of my ponds pictures taken the day before easter under Dale's Pond. I got it all ready because it was in the mid 70's 2 weeks ago,Easter Sunday it was 20. Oh well thats Michigan weather for you.
Cheers,
Dale

Reaction score
I know how you feel. I boat on the weekend on the Tennessee river and got 2 awesome weekends and then this cold weather came back. I am looking forward to this weekend and some warm weather again.

Ask a Question