Reaction score
Country
United States
I just joined, and while not new to pond ownership and management, I do know I have a lot to learn. I joined to find advice on my current setup, which was prompted by bear problems. We went from a 700 gallon pond, flexible liner, Pondmaster mag drive 950 (behind skimmer in pond), waterfall, skimmer, bio-filter at the waterfall, plants, breeding fish...to a 100 gallon pond, hard (Rubbermaid) stock tank, same waterfall/stream setup, exterior Pondmaster 950 behind skimmer setup. I'm seeking advice, because the pump is just not lasting. This and the previous pump became noisy, a bearing going out sound, rattling, high pitch sound. We're on our second pump this summer, and it's not because the bear is back. My short search indicates there may be cooling issues with the exterior pump location, but am looking for ideas on how I might reconfigure next spring. We're headed into winter now, the fish have stopped eating, the pond debris is cleaned up, the pump is off, and we're covered to keep the leaves and needles out. I'll post this in the appropriate forum too. Thanks for letting me be part of this, and for any and all advice you may have. Best, Peter

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome and not sure but 700 gallons to 100 gallons and a stock tank .I use laguna pumps 3 year warranty and best thing about them is there energy costs .My 2400 gph one says it should use 80 watts but can use less and mine with the bigger hose uses about 60 watts right now .They have an energy savings feature built into them .I have 2 lagunas a 2400 and a 2900 gph .

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Everybody want's to see the pond, and know where you're at. welcome Pete.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome and that was 1 of the reasons I went with laguna .I got a 4 year warranty at the time and now it is 3 years and the energy savings on them are great .So far 2 years and i am still happy .

Ask a Question