Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my name is Andy and i have just joined the forum

I currently have two ponds 6ft x 4 ft by about 3 ft deep with a mixture of small koi and goldfish. I have been planning to build a large pond of approx 5mtr x 3mtr for a while and now my sons trampoline has gone its my project for the coming months. I have been very fortunate that a mate is closing down his pond and is giving me the complete set up including the fish. There are some big koi ,probably around 8 at 18" long plus lots of goldfish,tench, and a large diamondback sturgeon around 18".

I am completely new to large pond building / ownerhip so will probably be picking your brains in the future

Thanks

Andy

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our forum of pond lovers!

Post pictures when you can. Start a construction thread for us to follow along and offer up our advice! Keep in mind koi needs lots of water space.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1584286439632.gif
@Kinger65
Koi need lots water so hoping you won't be getting too many fish. They need around 1000 gals per fish.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Welcome @Kinger65 ! Can't wait to see your pond come together!

Just remember when you start accepting fish that every pond has a bioload limit. Overloading your pond can spell doom for all your fish. Far less fish than your pond can hold is a way better option than far too many.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hi my name is Andy and i have just joined the forum

I currently have two ponds 6ft x 4 ft by about 3 ft deep with a mixture of small koi and goldfish. I have been planning to build a large pond of approx 5mtr x 3mtr for a while and now my sons trampoline has gone its my project for the coming months. I have been very fortunate that a mate is closing down his pond and is giving me the complete set up including the fish. There are some big koi ,probably around 8 at 18" long plus lots of goldfish,tench, and a large diamondback sturgeon around 18".

I am completely new to large pond building / ownerhip so will probably be picking your brains in the future

Thanks

Andy
Maybe he is getting rid of the pond because his system was not doing the job for him ?

Ask a Question