Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hey all, just dropping by to say Hello. My wife and I just recently bought a house with 2 ponds that are in a state of neglect and we're in the process of rehabbing them. Currently I'm in the middle of restoring the smaller of the two. Just relined it last week and this weekend I created a raised bog filter that empties into a tiny stream/fall into the smaller pond. Still working on rocking the pond itself and covering up the exposed liner. This is my first time doing a project like this but I think I may have found a new hobby. Even in the heat wave we had this week in PA I was out everyday after work or up early in the morning to go work on the ponds. A couple pics below of what I got finished so far.

Attachments

• 20220724_152758.jpg
    20220724_152758.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 20220724_155145.jpg
    20220724_155145.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 30

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum!

To help cover up the liner around the pond, dig a shallow shelf lay rocks on it and up and out of the pond . Hides the liner beautifully.
rock edge_LI.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to natures addiction

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
You found us... the crazy one! haha! Stick around... you'll find you feel more and more normal as the days go by!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hey all, just dropping by to say Hello. My wife and I just recently bought a house with 2 ponds that are in a state of neglect and we're in the process of rehabbing them. Currently I'm in the middle of restoring the smaller of the two. Just relined it last week and this weekend I created a raised bog filter that empties into a tiny stream/fall into the smaller pond. Still working on rocking the pond itself and covering up the exposed liner. This is my first time doing a project like this but I think I may have found a new hobby. Even in the heat wave we had this week in PA I was out everyday after work or up early in the morning to go work on the ponds. A couple pics below of what I got finished so far.
Hi and welcome! It looks like you are off to a great start. Of course you know what GPF stands for right? ……..garden pond fanatics!

Ask a Question