New Memeber in Dorset - Southern UK

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm from Dorset, which is in the south of the UK, about 30 mins drive to the south coast, known as 'The Jurasic Coast'.

I've a quite standard size pond of approx 5,500 Litres that I dug by hand about 9 years ago.

It's about 2 feet deep at the shallow end and about 4 feet deep at the deep end.

It's a very natural type pond with bog garden, plant life and all the usual frogs etc that go with such a pond. At a guess I'd say there are approx 35 - 40 fish in it in total comprising of....

5 Koi
2 Sterlet/Stugeons
The rest made up of.........
Goldfish
Rudd
Tench
Shubunkins
Sarissa Comets
Blue & Golden Orfe

I've got a 5500 pump and two Hozeock Bioforce 9000 preasurised filter units running in parrallel, both with UV's.

This year, I've removed most of my oxegeonating weed to allow the Sturlets more space to roam and to be able to see more of my fish as I've usually got very clear water as the pond is nicely over-filtered.

Hope to enjoy loads of conversations with you all and look forward to swapping experiences and advice.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome, post some pictures, it sounds really nice!

welcomefromgang4.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Welcome!!! Yes, please post pics! I love the inspiration I am getting from this Forum . . . and if the rains in Illinois ever stop, I plan on starting my first pond dig ASAP!!! Would love to see your fish and clear water! I think that is my dream, CLEAR WATER!

Ask a Question