New patio pond.

FountainMan

Dihydrogen Monoxide-scaping.
Reaction score
I decided that the one water garden wasn't enough. Plus I wanted to do something in an area of the yard that got more sunlight. Mostly a makeshift pond but I can grow plants and have a nice little fountain running.

20160512_132003.jpg

Setting up the stones. Not a big pond but it will work for what I need it for. Hosed down the concrete to get rid of objects that might puncture the liner.

20160512_132826.jpg

Laid the liner and began filling.

20160512_140313.jpg

Filled, liner trimmed, I put a last level of pavers around the top and added a decorative bridge. This weekend I'm going to get plants. Among the plants are sensitive plants, Parrot Feather, Frog Bit, Azolla and if they have it duckweed.

Bought a cheap floating solar fountain and that should be here next week.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Very nice! and I agree, you can never have too much water. My little pond and big bog helped scratch the itch I had to dig the big pond deeper. I still want more water, only smaller and smaller each time. I find myself looking at flower beds and thinking "could I put a tiny little pond in there somewhere" :)

I have found that my ponds are much less work than anything else in yard once they are up and running.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
How cute is that ,how many gallons do you think .Can i call ponds cute HMMM (y)Landscape fabric or just old material would have worked

FountainMan

Reaction score
How cute is that ,how many gallons do you think .Can i call ponds cute HMMM (y)Landscape fabric or just old material would have worked
Absolutely. Lol. I'm not sure. I'm thinking maybe 50 gallons. I used 3.5 mil painters plastic from Walmart. Works well for these smaller ponds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Very nice! and I agree, you can never have too much water. My little pond and big bog helped scratch the itch I had to dig the big pond deeper. I still want more water, only smaller and smaller each time. I find myself looking at flower beds and thinking "could I put a tiny little pond in there somewhere" :)

I have found that my ponds are much less work than anything else in yard once they are up and running.

Oh you kill me! I would love to put water in every corner of my property but the costs! And also the water issues, especially since we are in a record drought. Its so hard to defend a water feature in this day. I can defend my small pond because it catches the spring rains, and again...its very small.

FountainMan

Reaction score
Got some plants today and hooked up a small low voltage pump and fountain to run until the solar floating fountain arrives. So far so good!
20160513_195553.jpg

FountainMan

Reaction score
Got the fountain today. Shipped from China so it took a month to arive.

Works well.

20160603_150436.jpg

Nice little fountain. Perfect for the small pond. And no external electricity!

20160603_150750.jpg

Tried the nozzles put before settling on this one. (It's much higher when the sun is shining)

20160603_163539.jpg

Can't give an update on the pond without an update on the giving an update on the plants. The Sensitive Plant is taking off. Beautiful plant in addition to being fun to play with. Lol. Duckweed and Fairy moss are taking off.

20160603_163551.jpg

Parrot Feather is also doing well but having a small problem with small caterpillars.

Ask a Question