New Platinum Butterfly Koi

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Well seeing my last platinum sadly vanished I think by a frog or a snake. I decided to get another one. The little guy is doing great. He or she is already eating with the big boys. Not skittish at all and no hiding. It is hanging out with the new yellow and white koi. I can't wait for the little guy to grow. I think platinums are my favorite when larger. Here are a coupe of quick picks

IMG_3653.JPG

IMG_3764.JPG

Reaction score
Love him (or her).

I might go get one tomorrow. My original pick (remember that debacle - bought the wrong fish thanks to my 2yo tearing up the pet store) is still there. My mom owes me a birthday present, so I might collect with that fish.

Reaction score
Man, that's the only fish on my WANT WISH list also! Our local koi farm has 1 small 5" and I about to go get it!!!!

Reaction score
Well seeing my last platinum sadly vanished I think by a frog or a snake. I decided to get another one. The little guy is doing great. He or she is already eating with the big boys. Not skittish at all and no hiding. It is hanging out with the new yellow and white koi. I can't wait for the little guy to grow. I think platinums are my favorite when larger. Here are a coupe of quick picks

View attachment 72074

View attachment 72075
Oh sorry, A frog? Wow I am under estimating the ability of frogs. Is it huge bull frogs? If so I will make sure I don't let any frog eating fish take up residency. I live in Michigan and have inland lakes all around me so will relocate any large fish eating frogs for sure!!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Love him (or her).

I might go get one tomorrow. My original pick (remember that debacle - bought the wrong fish thanks to my 2yo tearing up the pet store) is still there. My mom owes me a birthday present, so I might collect with that fish.
Sounds likes a nice gift :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Oh sorry, A frog? Wow I am under estimating the ability of frogs. Is it huge bull frogs? If so I will make sure I don't let any frog eating fish take up residency. I live in Michigan and have inland lakes all around me so will relocate any large fish eating frogs for sure!!!
Not sure if it was a frog but one just recently caught a bird so it's possible. I did see a snake around for a few days. Not sure what happen. I never found a body and I appears all the other fish are still there. It could of just died also.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I so want one, but have no idea where to get one in my area...Cincinnati, Ohio. Our local hatchery had none and admitted their selection this year wasn't great.

Reaction score
I so want one, but have no idea where to get one in my area...Cincinnati, Ohio. Our local hatchery had none and admitted their selection this year wasn't great.
I've seen some various butterfly koi's at Pet Smart, and specialty fish stores in Kalamazoo. Maybe you could call and ask the Managers about finding a specific color and type for you in your area?

Ask a Question