New pond advise please

Bat

Reaction score
Hi there, i have re-set up our pond and to date all is goin well, the pond is 7ft x 4ft x 16inches deep. I have a laguna 5000 pressurised filter with UVC & pump, and its working well. I have a few oxygenating plants in. Last weekend i added 4 no fish them being 2no. gold fish and 2 blue orfes all about 3inches. my question is (and im sure there will be many more..lol) is how many fish do you think i can comfortably keep in this size pond. Iam a novice in ponds but enjoying it so sorry in advance for the silly questions.lol
Simon

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
your pond is about 280 gallons you can swing a few more..but im not familiar with your filter setup so..just watch your water parameters if they stay good,fine but account for growth. i am also not familiar with orfes and how big they get.

Reaction score
I had Orf's in my pond last year. They were about "10 after 2 years.
They are very susceptible to anything you put in the pond.
Last year I used a Fluke medication as directed and within minutes my 3 orf were bent 90 degrees. I had to immediately remove to a QT tank. They never got over it and all 3 died within days.

Ask a Question