New pond build

NAz

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Hi im new here and I am from Cape Town, South Africa. Im building 6 ponds next to each other and they are all attached to each other in one line. See attached pics. I need the water to run or drip from the first pond to the second pond to the third and so forth. I will have one submersible pump to pump water from the last and lowest pond right back to the first pond. My question is does it matter if the ponds are different sizes and hold different volumes of water ?. I need the water to flow or drip from one pond to another and don't want to be stuck with ponds draining empty before the other is filled up if you know what I mean. help.

Thanx in advance.

Attachments

• pond elev..PNG
    pond elev..PNG
    45.7 KB · Views: 344
  • pond1.PNG
    pond1.PNG
    7.9 KB · Views: 323
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
welcome3.gif
to the group @NAz !
Your project sounds very interesting, if you don't get a response try posting your question in the " pond construction" section

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome! I can't help you with the pond question but I have been to Cape Town and loved it there. We visited Table Mountain and many other interesting sites. Are you close to Stellenbosh and all the great vineyards they have? We had a nice day there and wished we could have spent more time.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and not sure 1 pump would be able to handle that and keep water clean .You don't mention fish so the health of them would be a major concern .Is this supposed to be just for looks .

NAz

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Hi Keith, im glad you liked Cape Town. I live about a 15 minute drive from Table Mountain and a 40minute drive from Stellenbosch. Cape town is not that big so its easy and quick to get from one place to another. Its going into our festive and summer season, its really lovelly this time.

Ask a Question