New pond build

NAz

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Hi, I am from Cape Town, South Africa. Im building 6 ponds next to each other and they are all attached to each other in one line. See attached pics. I need the water to run or drip from the first pond to the second pond to the third and so forth. I will have however many submersible pumps to pump water from the last and lowest pond right back to the first pond. My question is does it matter if the ponds are different sizes and hold different volumes of water ?. I need the water to flow or drip from one pond to another and don't want to be stuck with ponds draining empty before the other is filled up if you know what I mean. Please help.

Thanx in Advance
Naz

Attachments

• pond1.PNG
    pond1.PNG
    7.9 KB · Views: 241
  • pond elev..PNG
    pond elev..PNG
    45.7 KB · Views: 245

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
A little more information is needed that is not found in your attached renderings.

What is the planned width of the discharge weir for each pond (assuming that this size will be uniform from pond to pond)?
What is the current planned size of the pump (gph/lph) that will maintain the water flow?
What are the exact horizontal dimensions of these attached ponds?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
If you have for example 1 inch of water coming out of each pond when the pump is shut off you will have a lot of water to fill the lower pond Surface area of all upper ponds in sqft divide by 12 for cubic feet then X 7.5 for gallons plus the water in the streams will be the gallons that fill into the lower pond .
Then when you start the pump up again that is how many gallons to draw out of the lower pond to get the flow stable.

Ask a Question