New Pond filter

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Thinking of purchasing one of them pressurized bio pond filters. The one i saw today also had the UV.
Currently i just have a 550ghp smart pond pump going through a UV filter,then into a half barrel / waterfall.
The submersed pump is wrapped in batting which helps with filtering.

Just thinking that maybe buying one of these bio filters will work better,, and its a right pain every week pulling the pump out to clean or replace the batting.
Came across a 4000 gallon one with the 13W light for $115 , also been looking at the " Tetra pond bio active pressure filter" also
For now, our preformed pond holds approx 270 gallons.. but maybe in the future going to dig a bigger 6x8 one.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Hmmmmm, I doubt you'll need a 4000 GPH pump for your current pond. Tetra Pond sells a "trickle filter" that is effective and not too expensive. It could be used for your current pond, then used as supplemental filtration when you build a larger pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United Kingdom
I have a pressurised bio filter with UV (filtoclear 6000) and it's very convenient, just a weekly squash of the foam and divert the dirt away. But this is for a larger 1500 gallon setup, it cost me ~400 US. You won't need one this massive - and do you have the right flow pump for it? I would do research on any cheap one first to see if they're really any good, I've read some bad experiences with some of those cheaper ones. Maybe better to get one smaller but higher quality, that'll do the job you want well rather than its appeal being just price.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
all i'm using at the moment is a total pond 560 GPH pond pump that goes into a UV clarifier then into a half barrel that pours back into the pond

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have 2 garden treasure ones with uv that i bought at lowes after they stopped carrying a lot of stuff for ponds 20 dollars a piece i use them on my stock tanks at times

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Lmao,,, DUH ! i feel so stupid now lol,,and to make it worse theres one next to it that has the pump with the filter lol
Would that be one to consider,or would it be better to go for a more popular one ( Tetra etc)

Ask a Question