6b
Country
United States
Sorry but you appear to be a bit over stocked

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
My fish are great, I clean my filters weekly and I have never had one death in over three years. Well besides the one that jumped out and got eaten by the dog. Maybe keep the negative comments to people asking for help.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My fish are great, I clean my filters weekly and I have never had one death in over three years. Well besides the one that jumped out and got eaten by the dog. Maybe keep the negative comments to people asking for help.
maybe be more gracious to those willing to give their time to help. And if you can't see that, I doubt you'll get much more in the future.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
maybe be more gracious to those willing to give their time to help. And if you can't see that, I doubt you'll get much more in the future.
You made two assessments on my pond based on no facts. A. You have no idea how many fish are in it. B. you do not know how many gallons it is C. You had little to know information on my filter system. Advice is good when it is based on facts. Advice is bad when it is based on opinion. Just saying

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
You made two assessments on my pond based on no facts. A. You have no idea how many fish are in it. B. you do not know how many gallons it is C. You had little to know information on my filter system. Advice is good when it is based on facts. Advice is bad when it is based on opinion. Just saying

1. In one photo alone, I can identify 6 koi. So I know you have at least that many and I know how much water that many fish require.
2. If I wanted to, I could do a rough estimate of the measurements of your pond by counting your coping stones. I don't know the depth, but I could probably get close. When you've seen a lot of ponds you get good at estimating size.
3. You showed us your new DIY filter and described it. So we do have some information on filtration, unless you are running something else that we didn't see. Sounds pretty standard - I hope it works great for you. UV filtration is a hit or miss - what was your reason for choosing to include it?

The advice wasn't meant to cause hard feelings - just based on lots and lots of sad posts we've seen here when things go south for people who have koi in ponds that are better suited to goldfish. Your fish are small now, but they will grow. Perhaps you have plans to expand in the future as that happens.

I hope you'll stick around and continue to share - we all learn from each other. But regardless of how you take the comments that you receive, other people in the future will also read and learn from the advice that's freely shared... and based on experience, not opinion.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Fact .............. Good luck........... fact ............. Not into automatically generated..................... the pond is just under 3 feet wide at the surface and approximately 14 feet long. Your water is showing signs of more organics in the water then is desired with no plants. Come to a forum for building ponds and if you expect ooooohhh ahhhhhh good luck you may just find it. but if that statement of over loading sets you off well im sorry it offended you but you might need a bit thicker skin

Last edited:

Ask a Question