New Pond Owner in WV

Reaction score
Hi from WV,

Started building this pond 3 years ago and had to put construction on hold till a few months back. Dug most out by hand, but finished with an excavator to save time and my back.:icon_smile:

We're really pleased the way it turned out. The waterfall seems to be the biggest hassle so far. Ended up using wooden platforms (steps) under the liner to keep the rocks from settling and messing up the flow.

It's roughly 25' X 35' with just over 3 foot depth in the center region. 45mil firestone liner. Homemade biofilter system and a 40watt submersible UV. 2 pumps, 1 for the falls (2500gph 3.8amp), 1 for the biofilter (1200gph 1.4amp). Just added a UV frog spitter for good measure.

Half dozen small to medium Koi, maybe 50 comet and fancytail goldfish, 10 fingerling channel cats and a gazillion ruby reds(already spawned with tiny babies everywhere).
goldfish.gif

Wayne

Reaction score
Thanks,

I posted a few pix in the gallery under "Garden Pond Pictures". I've done the construction of the pond basics and my wife has done a fabulous job decorating (including the rocks) and potting and placing all the plants.

Ask a Question