New pond. Plants are the only filtration. We have 8 goldfish.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8 b
Country
Canada
image.jpg

DeepWater

The Great Abyss
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
I really like that! Nice arrangement of rock sizes under the water, it has a cool look. When those plants grow bigger it'll have a great softening appeal to all the stonework, it's the situation my pond is in now too - new pond, new small plants.

How many gallons would you estimate that to be? How deep is the central deep zone?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8 b
Country
Canada
I really like that! Nice arrangement of rock sizes under the water, it has a cool look. When those plants grow bigger it'll have a great softening appeal to all the stonework, it's the situation my pond is in now too - new pond, new small plants.

How many gallons would you estimate that to be? How deep is the central deep zone?
Thanks, the pond is about 1800 US gallons, the deepest spot is 2' deep.I dug it out by shovel... Ugh. Always wanted a pond, I have done everything myself. It is a lot of fun. How is your pond doing?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You know what your pond reminds me of desert landscaping .Took me awhile to realize it

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group! Very nice pond, love the rock work

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Welcome! :coffee:
I love the rock layout under the water and the edging of the pond, but I would suggest you take up all that desert theme on the outskirts and make a pretty garden to give it a more natural feel. Otherwise I like it. :whistle:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8 b
Country
Canada
Welcome and why do ponders have a rock obsession .I do like the bigger rocks in the pond .You have 8 goldfish now but soon lots more
Good morning. Thanks. I got a smokin deal on the rock that's why you see so much of it. About 12 tons total. The goldfish were doin the nasty in the Mares tail a few days ago, may have some new kids on the block soon. This is an awesome site with a ton of pond info.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I like the landscaping around it because if you ever get heavy rain it will filter the water before it goes into the pond .Pond seems bigger since there is no beginning or end to it ,It reminds me of a mountain area pond I have seen here

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I like the desert look, but then again I lived in the desert for quite a few years. It looks like a pond that is spring fed by one of those rare springs out in the desert.

I might add a few plants around to maybe break it up a bit, but to me a nice clean look! And I LOVE plants.........lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8 b
Country
Canada
I like the landscaping around it because if you ever get heavy rain it will filter the water before it goes into the pond .Pond seems bigger since there is no beginning or end to it ,It reminds me of a mountain area pond I have seen here
Thanks, still have lots to do.

Ask a Question