New Pond Project

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am new to the forum and about to embark on an epic new pond from scratch, I want to make sure I have all my bases covered before I start so it would be great if everyone could help me out as much as possible.

I'm hoping for it to be a large Koi pond eventually so I will be posting in relation to the fish a bit, anyone that has a Koi pond, please let me know any tips you have.

I look forward to chatting.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Lots of space and over aerating and over filtering your pond .I have koi around 11 years old and they are over 2 feet long .I wish some one had told me how big they get .I never gave them any growth food and only feed them 3 or 4 times a week to keep water quality good .Started with a preformed then after front porch was done I built the 1000 gallon and then the 2500 gallon and then the 5000 gallon .They also do better with a deeper pond .I have 2 filters and no skimmer .

Smaug

God makes perfect. I just dug the hole
Reaction score
Country
United States
If its koi you know you want then build as big as you possibly can right away and avoid the irritation of doing it later.

Ask a Question