New pond size

Reaction score
Country
United States
We have purchased a 10ft X 30ft liner. What size pond can we make with it? I am not a beginner but the is the first time I have created a pond without a kit.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
There could be many answers. above ground, in ground? Square or round? You want to consider your depth and side walls and leave some overhang for the edge.

Roughly you can do a 6ft wide by 1 1/2ft deep with no shelves by 26ft long give or take.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group!

Where are you located? The depth of the pond will depend on your weather, hot areas / freezing areas , need depth to keep the water cooler or keep it from freezing solid in the cold areas.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Mine was 15 feet wide by 30 feet long .My pond is 10 feet wide and 4 feet deep .They sent me a liner bigger than I ordered .You could make a stream instead of a pond and streams can really be pretty and less work .I am beginning to think liners stretch out from the pressure of the water .Welcome to our group .

Reaction score
Country
United States
We have purchased a 10ft X 30ft liner. What size pond can we make with it? I am not a beginner but the is the first time I have created a pond without a kit.[/QUOTE

We are located in VA. It will be an in ground pond, with shelf and I figured about 1 ft for the edge.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
upload_2018-8-27_8-28-18.gif
@MCarrick

Ask a Question