sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
dr foster and smith just put this on there sight and it really looks interesting .tells you everything about your pond ph to water level and temp. of water .152.10 sale price

Attachments

• pond loss and new pond tester 031.JPG
    pond loss and new pond tester 031.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 259
  • pond loss and new pond tester 032.JPG
    pond loss and new pond tester 032.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 265
  • pond loss and new pond tester 033.JPG
    pond loss and new pond tester 033.JPG
    259.7 KB · Views: 238
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I think it looks pretty interesting and would certainly make water testing easy and fast...if it works :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yeh how do you know if a product works if no one really has done tests on it .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
The Seneye does work, it's been available for a number of years for indoor aquariums.
If you like gadgets, it could be for you.
I won't buy one because it has a component that has to be replaced every month, I think, plus a person gets to the point where testing isn't required any more. If you see a problem with your pond you'll have a good idea what the problem is just by looking at your pond and a quick test with a liquid test kit will usually confirm what you already know.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
very true testing after awhile is not as needed pond becomes established to the point that you really need to do nothing to it

Reaction score
Country
United States
In my opinion it is still a good idea to test. That way you hopefully catch a problem early before it becomes too late.

That being said I do not test as frequently as I did when I first started keeping fish. But it really is good practice to test and will help avoid disasters with water quality.

The tester in this thread only reads four things and they are ph, temperature, light, and water level. Not all that helpful if you ask me. Well at least not for the cost any way.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I thought the cost was high but fellow ponders here asked me and told them I was not sure it was really worth the cost ,I just wanted others opinions .They asked me about the pump with the uv already in it because it is onsale at cll pets on ebay 9watt or 13 watt for there small pond which is about 800 gallons .53 dollars and 58 dollars and 62 dollars 9 watts and 13 watts .Thing is that i told them you only use the uv most times just in the spring for a couple of weeks at most .They say they want to use it all the time .I just got off the phone with them .They are having a problem with there tetra pump .Thing is they run there pump all winter and that concerns me because can the bulb in this pump take cold temps. I told them they may need another pump for winter and I have suggested to them since the pond is small to build a hoop house over it to control the temps. of the water better .It would be simple to do since it is rectangular like mine .

Ask a Question