New ponder

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
United States
Hi, I've been lurking since last fall, but am excited to become part of the community. We dug a brand new pond last summer. We were going to start with a larger pond and then add another, upper pond and waterfall this year. But.... one thing led to another and I couldn't wait for this year. We went ahead and added the 2nd pond and waterfall. I think together they are in the neighborhood of 1500-1800 gallons. My 2 little goldfish made it through the North Dakota winter. I just restarted the pump and got through troubleshooting my first leak (required minor revision of the position of the waterfall filter). Seems to be holding water just fine. Now I can't wait to get my shipment of plants!!!! I've appreciated all the posts. I've been doing lots of reading and learning on the forum.

Here's a picture of the lower pond with my beautiful daughter on the bank :)

Attachments

• 20150817_162920.jpg
    20150817_162920.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 178
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the group you'll find both ponders and koi nuts together here too, but the important thing is that we all share a passion for fish(y)

Dave

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We all seem to be just waiting for the weather to get better .Today it was so windy it was almost impossible ,but i worked on things that could get done .Seems like my honey do list never ends .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We all seem to be just waiting for the weather to get better .Today it was so windy it was almost impossible ,but i worked on things that could get done .Seems like my honey do list never ends .
I have a huge list, nibble on it now and then. Things that can't be ignored, bees, pond start up etc get done.

Ask a Question