New PondStars Show debuts April 2

The PondFather

The PondFather with my Grandson enjoying my pond
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Here's a "trailer" announcing this years series. Last year it aired on NatGeo Wild but this year it's on YouTube so more ponders or just outdoor lovers can enjoy the show on ponds, falls and aquatic life. Check out the trailer here:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yeh it is ok to watch them make it pretty but there is no info given that is of much use to ponders .I do watch it but I like you tube and ponddigger at least you can learn something from Eric

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Yeh it is ok to watch them make it pretty but there is no info given that is of much use to ponders .I do watch it but I like you tube and ponddigger at least you can learn something from Eric
I agree, it really is a big commercial for there own business. Something to watch for sure and maybe pick up some ideas but not very informative on the details.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yeh it is ok to watch them make it pretty but there is no info given that is of much use to ponders .

According to them they wanted to give more info but because they were on tv, the show had to be a certain way. Now that it was cancelled and they decided to continue it on Youtube, we'll see if its worth watching.

Imatation Crab

800 gallon pond
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
lmao the show is cheesy but they are a awesome company they are the ones that got me into ponding. My friends dad works for them and hes always featured on their pond product videos as "Dave Kelly the tech guy" Its a pretty cool place I usually go there in the summer to buy pond equipment and talk turtles with Greg

Last edited:

Imatation Crab

800 gallon pond
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
if u live in the chicago area u gotta go to their spring sale I got all my equipment: skimmer, 3000 gph pump, biofalls, 45mil liner, lighting, benificial bacteria for around 75 percent off which costed me only $500

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
They are really nice people. We've spent lots of time at Aquascape picking the brains of everyone who works there. They talked us through lots of details of our DIY pond build and the pond walks that they hold every spring and fall gave us lots of opportunities to see dozens of really lovely ponds and meet lots of fellow pond nuts. And the pond at Aquascape is really something to see!

As for the show - cheesy yes, but it's still fun to watch and see some interesting ideas in pond design.

Ask a Question