new pump

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I recently posted a thread stating I was looking for a new pump. With being temporarily out of work, money is tight. I was wandering around Canadian Tire and noticed a "Wetlands" submersible waterfall pump marked down to $50. It's 2000 gph, 1.9-3.6 amps, 230-425 watts, with a max height of 28.4' and has a 1yr warranty. Currently I'm running a cyprio titan 1450 (and I love it) but it's on its last leg. So, do you figure this should get me through the winter or did I make a big mistake in buying it?

I'm starting a new job soon so come spring I should be able to buy a pump more to my liking.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Wow! that's a lot of head!
I am a firm believer in that you can never have too many pumps. I could buy a lot of pumps for the value of one of my adult Koi.

For $50.00 how can you go wrong? Does it have iron in it or is it all stainless steel or plastic?

Reaction score
Hey DrDave,

It says on the box "pump construction is completely non-corrosive". After reading on the internet I found that this pump seems to be a total lemon! As far as I can figure, Wetlands is the same company as Nursery Pro which is the same company as Aquascape Designs. It seems as if the pumps from these companies have all been discontinued! I read some customer feedback that states that these pumps rarely outlast their one year warranty and very few warranties are being honoured. Keep your fingers crossed for me that it will last through the winter.

Ask a Question