P4030030.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 269

minnowman

minnowman
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a
These seedlings were started last summer and potted up to quart size in October. Their growth was stopped by the Winter cold and darkness, but they did not go dormant. They have recently started growing again and the first three have bloomed. Two of them are my first pink seedlings. Sorry for the two separate posts, I uploaded all three but only 2 posted at first. Post by minnowman's wife.
P4030030.JPG

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Very bright windy slightly chilly morning. Knowing that I must get out and about more I scooped some "can't figure out where they are coming from" leaves from the surface and bottom. Had to use my high pressure nozzle to clear algae and a leaf or two from the grid opening of my Tetra trash handling pump. Followed all that up by putting a dose of algaecide in the pond. Oh, so happy with the rate of pond plants (4) growth. Having the old lily pads repotted certainly paid off. Both have pads on the surface. Happy morning! :smuggrin:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Those are sure some very pretty lily blooms!!!! Cant wait just to see some lily leaves growing in my pond. A chilly and windy 36F right now.
Better temps all next week though. :)

minnowman

minnowman
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a
Here are two shots of the first bloom of another seedling today. This one has nicer pads and less spread than the other two pinks.

Ask a Question