new small koi being bullied by bigger gold fish. wat do i do?

Reaction score
2500lt i think thats 660 gallons there are a few places to hind but i might need to add some more. i read somewhere that it might be mating but dont think that would be it because its gold fish and koi. not even sure what ones where female and male

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about it, give them some time, possibly get it some more places to hide, they will get used to each other soon enough, or the koi will outgrow the golfdfish and teach them a lesson :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hey did ya know that goldfish can mate w/ koi! Yeppers they can so could be spawning and you might end of w/ little Goi fish babies :razz:

Julia

My pond w/ tong,buyog,snow,skai,bubbles&ela
Reaction score
Hi nugie. Had that problem when i adopted my 3-inch kois and placed them in the pond with more-than-a-foot long kois. The bigger kois were so nasty I thought they thought that the new ones were part of the food chain! Anyway, I was worried so I looked all over the place and found a small dog cage. Placed the cage in the pond and whoa, as expected, the smaller kois found a safe place to go in while the bigger ones just swim by. I could sleep that night. The next day, I see the smaller ones getting bolder and when they felt bullied just hurried back to the cage. I think it took 3 days for them to finally get used to each other. Hope this helps.

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
You could sneek a dummie blue heron looking into the pond ,odds are they all will be hiding together and the best of friends .LOL

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I like Julia's idea, a old plastic milk crate will also do the trick, and they make nice places to rasie plants up off the bottom as well.

Ask a Question