Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Got my "turtle daughters" (Shelly & Nelly) a new terrarium on Friday and got them moved in yesterday evening. It is the standard type of tank I use (75 Gallon 2-Ply glass) but I set this one up with a few extra features and design tweaks just for them ( don't tell Heckle, Jeckle, Atlas or Alfonso ;) ). It has a regular water filter and is hooked up to my central bio-filter plus it has an internal UV-Sterilizer. It is hooked in to the external air cleaner that uses a HEPA cartridge and a UV air cleaner and by being hooked up to the external unit it does not take up tank space or mess with the terrariums humidity and air temps. The new tank also has a moon & star light like the other terrariums that gives off the blue glow that helps the turtles sleep at night by triggering the circadian response as well as providing a way for them to see at night in case they need to move around for some reason. I think the turtles favorite thing is the variable watt basking lamps that cycle through a wave from 40 up to 150 watts in 2 1/2 hour cycles which creates a heat pattern more like the sun and it is actually safer too because they don't risk burns if they decide to nap under the light. Here are the images of the new home of Shelly & Nelly as well as some images of Heckle & Jeckle + Atlas & Alfonso too so they would not get pissed off and pout all day :p

nt1.JPG
nt2.JPG
nt3.JPG
nt4.JPG
nt6.JPG
t1.JPG
t2.JPG
t3.JPG
t4.JPG
t5.JPG
t6.JPG
t7.JPG