New to forum and I need help!

Reaction score
Hello everyone my name is Lisa. I'm a Army wife and we just moved to Georgia. I'm loving the weather here and spend ridiculous amounts of time working in my yard. I have a side yard where all the water from the road drains off so no grass will grow there. We have installed French drains in the yard already . I have always wanted a pond and decided to finally take the plunge. I have never attempted this before and am doing it all on my own. I already have the stones(inherited those from the previous owners unfinished patio :) I have started my pond here is what I have from day one image.jpgimage.jpgHow do I level the pond do I build a wall around the bottom portion.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This does slope down toward a walk way. I was thinking a waterfall at the top. Do I build the other level of the waterfall once the liner is down? And how do in end the pond I have a 10x15 liner from lowes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 247
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 226
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 266

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group!

Some build a block wall to level out the lower end. I put in a dirt berm to raise up my lower edge, it had to be 8 foot up to make the pond level.
Make sure you don't dig the hole bigger than your liner, also if you are having fish make it as deep as possible, keeps the water cool in the summer, warm in the winter.

Put in the waterfall after you are done with pond. You will most likely need to pick up a new piece of liner

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Welcome to the group, you're off to a good start with some good advice. Now is a good time to decide on where the pump will go, in a skimmer, in the pond with a pre filter etc. This way you can bury the plumbing so it will be hidden. You may want to think about the electrical supply also to run the pump for the waterfall.

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Welcome Dmv. Make sure your liner is EDPM rubber and optimally 45 mild thick. Another note don't forget about laying a pad under the liner. Good luck.

Twenty year Army vet here. God bless you for supporting your soldier. Please give him my best regards. Army strong!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Lisa
If you don't want your liner to show around the top edge in the water dig out a little short shelf all around the edge so you can put rocks on that ledge to hide the liner underwater. Looks more natural that way.
IMG_1663.JPG

Ask a Question