new to forum old to hobby

Reaction score
hey everyone, ive been in the hobby for the last 10years and decided to join. my current set up is a 2200g and a 4600g pond river set up. i have 6 koi from 10inches to bubba(23years) 36 japanese blood line. i live in wisconsin and keep the ponds running all year. i have started this year in saltwater and... go big or go home!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and 2 of my koi (mutts ) were just a couple of inches long just about 9 years ago and are now over 2 feet long .If i knew what I know now I would never have gotten koi .But they are here and love them and they become more than just a fish .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
another-fish-welcome.gif
mario

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yep grow like weeds I am only 5 ft 2 inches tall and both my sons are over 6 ft tall .Once they got as tall as me i knew I was in trouble. :razz: :razz: Darn koi better stop growing or I am going to be really in trouble . .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well sons are grown and gone but guessing fish can't move out .So I guess i am stuck with them ,unless someone likes fish sticks :goldfish: :razz:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
glad to see you larkin as I have been watching the weather channel and you sure been getting a lot of rain .I used google live maps to snoop down that way .Even traffic cameras were out and ones that were on all you could see was a wet speckled lense

Reaction score
Welcome Mario! This 4th of July will be the start of my 3rd year with my pond. I have had fish for most of my life. My grandparents started me off with fresh water when I was in grade school. For the past 28 years I have had saltwater. Most or those years have been reef tanks. I currently have a 110 reef tank, a 54 corner reef tank, and two 29 gallon reef tanks. Have assortment of fish in all of my tanks but one of my favorite is my 29 gallon that I have seahorses, a pipefish and a couple of gobies in.

Ask a Question