j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good on having no fish lost to the cold winter you had. Glad to hear they are growing nicely too. I bet a lot of those kids will start bugging their parents in hopes that they can have a pond of their own at home now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
This week is spring break. If you look back behind the pond you will see a chain link fence. there are two refrigeration units in that courtyard, both are noisey, and of course only run when the weather is warm. Material was purchased by the cub scout pack that meets there to install a sound fence. School system grounds crew are starting this Monday to set posts, yea! I can't wait to see this through.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Wish they had something like this when i was a child in school .Great idea to show children what nature is really like and think of all the future ponds when they grow up get married and buy a house and remember back to there school pond .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Well, I took a vidio with my camera, it however is an mp4, so I will have to convert it. Fish are great, and I put the circulation pump back in service. Looks like the grounds guys are on top of it as the 5 foot chain link fence has been removed. I hope they can get the posts set Monday in one day.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
20160325_134315.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Need a quick reply. Unfortunately the auto water level valve failed this weekend and killed all my fish. Needless to say I'm heartbroken. The pond over filled. I have treated the water for chlorides. I am assuming this is mostly new water, if I treat it as new will it be okay if it isn't all new will "possibly over treatment " be a problem. I am going to restock tomorrow. I am aces sing the forum via iPhone.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
pH is 7, KH, and GH are 120 (6.7). I am going to check it later today, and tomorrow morning. I hope the hardness will drop a little more. I basically treated (4000 gal) pond for 6500 gal.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
The KH has dropped to 4.5. My question was I am not sure how much water cycled from this "event" was it 50% 70%, I don't know. I am treating the water (4000 gal) to a 6500 gal level, I am assuming that if the water cycle was lower than 100% over treating the water won't hurt? That's the question I have.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
That's why I'm saying not to add any fish until your pond water parameters are stable and safe.
You had a mass die off, so you should measure your ammonia as well.
What are you treating your water with?
Keep your water aerated and circulating as much as possible until the chemical levels are stable.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Stuff I got at Lowes, I usually use Aquamates (SP). Waterfall is in constant operation. I checked for everything, nitrates where 0, pH was 7. The dead fish were only in there less than 2 days. The only aeration I have is the waterfall, I also have some leftover cold water bacteria I will add.

Ask a Question