New to forum

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all, I'm new to the forum, and new to the pond life as well. I bought a home that previously had a very large Japanese style pond with multiple levels and waterfalls that had fallen into disrepair over the years. I am now trying to use that space to build a pond for my ducks which currently are just in an 8x8 round stock tank. The old pond had used cinderblocks but had a rock bottom, no liner, so frankly I don't know how it held water. I am going to use an EPDM liner and I'm trying to figure out how to use that and also take advantage of the boulders and such that are already there.

I hope some of y'all can help me with my lack of knowledge. Thanks in advance!

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Welcome! I am sure we will be able to answer all ( well most ) of your questions that come about, and help you revamp the pond!

All I know about ducks is they are messy, so make sure you have a good filter! ( I am sure we can talk you into bog filtering - more on that later :) )

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1603315866186.gif
@DuckPonder
Pictures might help us to help you.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
As jw said need some pics. but MY obvious answer is the rock / boulders have to come out .Remove / sand or grind any sharp edges, fill any cracks , line the pond with underlayment. install your liner and secure with a termination strip or a row of cap stone

Ask a Question