New to forums

Reaction score
Well, we have a 3000 gallon Koi pond with natural 700 gallon bog system and waterfall. We have approx. 20 Koi of several varietys. My husbands favorite being Asagi's and Mine any long fin (what female doesn't :razz: ) Came on here to get some help with water quality issues.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
welcome aboard! It will take you posting a few times before you can add pics but we always welcome pics and it helps in evaluating what is going on. Lots of great folks here that are more than willing to answer questions. Oh, and females aren't the only ones that like Long fins! Shoot away on the water quality issue, We'll see what we can help you with.
BTW, If you new to posting on forums, word or wisdom. Don't jump on the first answer you get to a question, try and give a little time to get multiple inputs. Not saying one person is wrong or right. But getting several people together you can get a more educated response and have different options. Internet is great but at the same time you can get some silly answers sometimes. Getting three or four answers that agree will make you more comfortable with your descision of what step to take. As time goes by you'll gain more trust in certain individuals and then you can go with one or two recommendations without as much worry.

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. We have had Koi for several years now, but this is our first year with the big pond. We started off with a small 500 gallon set up to make sure this was for us. I cant wait to be able to add some photos. My waterfall turned out beautifully with the Auburn Quartz stone.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and hope we all can help you with your water quality problems as that will reflect back on your koi health .I have several koi and also goldies so I know what you mean by favs .I Have my two favs Aggie and Bert in my pond .Thatss the thing there can be so many answers to your questions because all the will work and you will just have to find out which one works better for you and the area temps you live in .Sometimes it is trial and error and sometimes you might get it right the first time that is if your lucky .cross your fingers and have fun

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomewintert7.gif
appycrazygirl and just noticed you are from my area only way further south

Ask a Question