new to fry

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Well since I'm relatively new to the koi pond scene and my goldfish and or koi just spawned I have a couple of questions.

Should I leave the fry in the pond (no danger of them being sucked up by a pump) or take as many as I can into a small tank inside? (Central MA temp outside are about 70-85 during the days currently, nights dropping down to probably the 60s or so)

Should I feed them specifically (if so, what). If they are staying in the pond will they naturally feed off the ponds organisms itself?

If it is suggested I move them to a tank inside what should I do? ( temp, feeding, sunlight amount, filtration) ?

Thanks!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Depends on your goals, I leave all fry in the pond, let them live or die via natural selection. Or if you want to have as many survive as possible, bring them inside, follow some of the fry raising posts. There are some very detailed ones.

Ask a Question