New to Garden Pond Forums

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Hi everyone. Didn't know this forum existed. Short intro. We have two ponds, one in front of the house and one on the South side of the house.
The side pond is two tiered, tier 1 about 16" deep and maybe 100 gallons, and tier 2 now about 30" deep from 22" and probably about 700 gals (presently rebuilding it), and it's been there for nearly 25 years).
The front pond is about 22" deep, originally built 22 years ago and just redid it 3 years ago having increased the depth about 6", both using EPDM instead of PVC which I highly recommend.
Instead of bringing the fish in during the winter months, I've been keeping the goldfish in the front pond for about 6 years now. Currently the (e-mail address removed) cents ea. 4 year old goldfish are about 8" long. Had 12, but lost 1 last fall, and we lost one fantail this spring ( I may have trapped it under the filter when cleaning it).
Being just north of MSU here, temps get down to zero (-16 last january) and fish haven't died yet.
Attached pics are pretty old. Pretty much it for an intro.

Attachments

• frontpond.jpg
    frontpond.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 209
  • sidepond.png
    sidepond.png
    65.3 KB · Views: 205

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our forum! Nice ponds you have there.

Ask a Question