New to Garden Pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6/7
Hi!
My name is Lesley and I live in Woodbridge, VA. My first pond was about 10 years ago, a little pre-formed 90 gallon pond. We then turned that into a bog and built a 250 gallon pond. We moved 6.5 years ago and built a pond the first spring we were there. I think it was over 1000 gallon. Since then we added a mini-creek/waterfall into a 2nd bigger pond.

The ponds are still not finished but I will be working on them this spring. We have shubunkins in the upper pond a koi in the lower bigger pond and heron frequently visit:rolleyes:

We had a break in our piping just before the big snow storm in Feb.and just got that fixed today! Water is running again!!! Yay!

My goal this year is to "finish" the ponds, build a retaining wall on the backside since the ponds sit on a hill and get rid of our resident snakes!!!

I work 1/2 time and am attending school full, and we have 3 in college! My husband puts the brawn behind my ideas! He's got to love me!

I look forward to learning a lot here! And I'll have lotus to divide this year too!

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Welcome to the forum
look forward to see what you got going on there

Ask a Question