sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
saw a lot of doggie butt .He must really like watching you .Sure is aerating the water .Double duty

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
divedaddy03 said:
Yeah, my pond never went over 83% last summer but I'm thinking that I need to try to keep it a little lower than that this year...what are some ideas for cooling?

Also, here is an update on my pond (below).

Some of you were asking what kind of filter that I was using so I recorded a video of the setup that I'm working with (below)

I'm also making progress on my Air Lift Koi Pond Vacuum, here's an update on this as well (below).

I hope that this is helpful.

Cheers,

Wayne, SC
Wayne welcome from Plymouth in the UK have you ever thought about putting a sail shade above your pond ?
They look real cool and help kep the worst of the sun away from the pond check out this link :-

http://www.shadesails.com/residential.htm

You must agree they set a pond off dont you think

rgrds

Dave

Reaction score
sissy said:
saw a lot of doggie butt .He must really like watching you .Sure is aerating the water .Double duty
Doggy butt, Whoot Whoot! :) I never thought about the aerating factor...thanks!

Dave 54 said:
Wayne welcome from Plymouth in the UK have you ever thought about putting a sail shade above your pond ?
They look real cool and help kep the worst of the sun away from the pond check out this link :)

You must agree they set a pond off dont you think

rgrds

Dave
Hi Dave,

I would love to use a couple of those sails however....they just would not look right at the location the pond is at in the front yard.

That said, If/When I decide to put a pond in the back yard then I'm sure that I will need to use them and it would be the right environment to do so.

Also, maybe the back deck could use them right now! :)

Thanks for the idea,

Wayne, SC

DIY Air Lift Pond Vacuum in Action - http://www.youtube.com/embed/GbDRa3vqON0

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
build a trellis and patio and make it a real go to feature .A swing would be great .A bridge over your pond .I built mine and then rebuilt it
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:53237]

Reaction score
If Any Of You Are Following......

Just wanted to post an update on the pond!
It's starting to look so much nicer now than it was and the water is really clearing up...especially since I vacuumed it out the last time.

Bad News: My fish are missing....ugg.

I'm open to any and all ideas!

Wayne, SC

[video=youtube;5G0M0OsDXQY]

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Herons? I have to net my pond to keep those suckers from having daily sushi. They are the only critter that bothers my pond or fish.
Your pond looks good!

Reaction score
This is an update on the Koi Pond as well as a follow up to some of the pond videos that I've been doing (ie. Sioux Water Lily, Propagating Pond Plants, DIY Net Pot Plant Growth, etc...).

In This Video:
0:30 - Sharing My Plants On CraigsList
0:58 - Look at the new Water Lettuce
1:19 - Review the Net Pot that I made & the Plant Growth
1:48 - Treatment of Worms on Water Plants
3:00 - ViVor (Ultimate Survival BugOut Trailer
3:18 - New Baby Fish
3:47 - Sioux Water Lily Review
4:34 - Next Project = The Waterfall

Overall, the Koi Fish Pond has progressed nicely throughout the summer and the fish and plants are thriving. I can tell that we have a serious weakness in our filtration capacity and we need to amp it up. I also need to replace the UV light bulb and possibly put in a larger bulb. I have plans on putting in a skimmer as well as repairing the waterfall and hopefully building the a sand and gravel filter into the waterfall.

The Koi Fish and Gold Fish have procreated and now we have several baby half breads. My goal is to get rid of the gold fish and half breeds and give them to somebody that needs them and we will buy some nice high end Koi so that we can keep the breed as pure as possible. Or coarse, we want an all black one! haha

More to come soon, Wayne

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
We net ours with a purpose biult net of 6mm hexagonal mesh the company we use does take orders from around the world ours is secured by bungee straps around the sides of the pond and across the top talk to them and they will design one for you then ship it out to you :-

http://www.norfinenets.co.uk/

Hope this helps at least you will keep the preditors out and believe it or not through the 6mm hexagonal netting you can still see the pond and fish.
yippee I dont believe it my 1,000 post

rgrds

Dave

Ask a Question