New to Ponds Not sure what I need

Reaction score
I bought a cattle trough which is 2x2x6 (170 gals). I have four gold fish and one pump. Put three plants in and a small rock water fall. What else do I need to put in the pond? Do I need a filter too?

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Yes, you will want soem type of filter for it, look in the DIY section here to get idea on building a filter. Being as your pond is small, you probably wont need as much filtration as what most people around here have, but you could make the same thing on a smaller scale.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You can put it anywhere you want to really, mainly anyplace where the pump , pumps the water too, it travels through the filter on its way back to the pond.

Reaction score
Oh, thank you. I will look into that. I understand now. I will go visit some places this weekend and find what I need. Really loving my pond!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Your Welcome
Check the diy section, you can make a filter pretty easily and a lot cheaper than buying one.

Ask a Question