New to ponds

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Hello! I bought a house with a cute pond, but knew it could be much better! So, when it got a leak last year, I decided to redo it. It still looks like a pile of rocks right now, but I will do a lot of plantings in between all the rocks next spring. I am really excited about it. Previously, there was no skimmer and you could see all the plumbing on the bottom and the hose came out the side. I added rock to the bottom and a waterfall instead of a hose just sticking out. Great improvements for my first time around. I am a 125lb lady and moved every rock here by myself. Ladies: You can do it!!

0 pond.jpg 3 pond.jpg2 pond.png4 pond.jpg 5 pond.jpg 6 pond.jpg 7 pond.jpg 8 pond.jpg

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
When ever I see the wife with the shovel I keep a close eye out wondering if I'm going to get the rolling pin per say but with an Agway stamp on it. she prefers the Agway she says it has a long reach.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
Same here she helps clean up . which is always a big help saves me for the more technical stuff. though i did stick her in the forty foot fork truck. That i should have got on video

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Heck yeah!! My next pond is going to be much bigger!! Guess I found the right site for strong women that know how to put in a hard days work. Thanks!
Oh my gosh, yes. My husband was a little scared of me when I got out there digging. Getting through some of the big hardpan layers and around big roots became an obsession!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
congrats and what a great focal point in your yarden .It is the biggest pleasure you can get when it comes to seeing something done ,I use the word done loosely ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Very nice rebuild of your pond and welcome to GPF! Do you have any fish in your pond?
No fish yet. I have too many other things going on, didn't want to add additional lives to be responsible for! Maybe someday.

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question