New to site

Reaction score
I currently have a preformed pond installed which is 140 gallons. Want to make pond bigger so was wondering if i could still use the preformed pond but cut a section out of it and enlarge and place liner over all?

Just purchased:
Laguna Clearflo 2100
45 mil EPDM Liner 15x15
Atlantic FilterFall
New hoses and clamps

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Don't see why not. Putting the liner over all would work. I wouldn't try to glue liner to the preformed. Make sure you put padding over the cut edge to protect the liner from any sharp edges.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
why waste the preform liner,,,use it as a bog (veggy) filter, upper pool,or whatever. it can easily be placed above the level of the new pond in the dirt you'll be diggin out. you can do it; but ity seems that it could be better utilized....just my thoughts.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
LOL I was thinking the same, bog filters veggie filters are neat. Also a nice little waterfall into the new bigger liner pond. I love bogs, they clean water nicely.

You could also use it for plants, lilies etc that fish tend to eat (if you are having koi)

I have a 300 gallon and a 1000 gallon I am making into carnivorous bogs, our acidic well water is perfect for them.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Welcome to the forum !!
When i added on to my first pre forum i built a new pond above it and let it spill into it

Reaction score
Thanks all for the replies. I can not go very big on pond due to where it is at. Have it near my swimming pool. Was thinking maybe 300 gallons it would come out to. Was gonna use it for added protection under liner since I had it. Do you all think the setup that I purchased will work out nicely? Pump, waterfall, etc.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
make sure your pond is deep enough as your water will heat up fast where you live and if it is next to the pool be very careful of pool water getting into it and if it is an above ground pool be even more careful as I saw on you tube a pool that broke and water came out and flooded pond and wiped fish out ,it was not pretty

Ask a Question