New to the Forum and Getting My Pond Ready for Spring

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone,
My first post to say hello and introduce myself.
I have a small stock pond on the back of my property that I've been playing with for the last few years and I've decided to get serious about it.
I'll have a lot of questions and I look forward to quality advice and new ideas.
Thanks !

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome FishPondLance! You found the right site for quality advice and innovation.
Glad to have you on board.
Stephen

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Hi all! My name is Charlie. I live in Hixson TN, and this will be my first spring with my 1400 gallon pond. I have no clue where to start. My water is really nice and clear, there are 3 very happy goldfish living in the pond at this time. I plan to add some plants , more fish and some snails to help with the algae. The 3 fish have done very well through our winter, with a lowest temp of about 18 degrees. I have a net over the pond to keep leaves out, but this will be removed very soon. I am worried about racoons though and them enjoying my free sushi bar.
Any ideas and suggestions for a successful pond are appreciated. Thanks for having this site available for us newbies!

Charlie

Ask a Question