New to the forums

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi,
I'm just giving a quick introduction. My name is Tommy and I currently work in a store where a large section of the store is dedicated to ponds (no it isn't some crappy chain store). I started out knowing nothing about ponds, but after working there for a couple years I pretty much became the head of the section. I learned a lot from taking classes, so while Im "book smart" on the topic I don't know much from experience. I'm hoping I can learn more from the community.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome and learning book and learning real life are much different and happy you are willing to learn more about home ponders because that will help you in the store .There is a big difference between built for you and building your own .I am amazed at what I have learned on here that has helped me .So good luck and hope we can make it easy on you ,we are all so different on here ,from filters to how the pond is built to what kind of fish we have and all other critters involved in ponding .My nightmare is frogs and turtles .Wondering where your store is also some may want to visit

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome and learning book and learning real life are much different and happy you are willing to learn more about home ponders because that will help you in the store .There is a big difference between built for you and building your own .I am amazed at what I have learned on here that has helped me .So good luck and hope we can make it easy on you ,we are all so different on here ,from filters to how the pond is built to what kind of fish we have and all other critters involved in ponding .My nightmare is frogs and turtles .Wondering where your store is also some may want to visit
Its a family store so unless you live in the chicagoland area you wouldn't know about it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I live in Chicago - where's the store? If there's a pond store I've missed I'd love to visit!
The store is called wannemakers . Like I said its more of a pond section. It has pumps, every chemical you would need for ponds, barley, pond netting, pond liners, pressure filters, fish, auto dosing systems, lights, and a lot more.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I grew up in Chicagoland I don't remember the stores name

Ask a Question