New to the group, found the right area to share pics LOL.

Reaction score
Instead of highjacking threads via casual conversations, figured I should post my own thread for our pics:)

Same old story, original pond too small, not enough money to do what we wanted this year, so came up with an alt plan with a small pond (6500 gallons) connected to a 2500 gallon bog. Next year will be adding the "big pond" so everything will be in various stages of construction for some time.

The present pond is only a couple of months old, so will add some from the beginning pics too...

Game plan... No pond in the backyard and patio blocks have been changed... the "mound of dirt" on the left of the house became the 6500 gallon pond, the bog goes along the side of the house... From the left side of the pic, next to the boulders, there will be a water fall there, that will come down to a shallow (2' deep) river bed, and as you pass the boulders, will feed into the big pond, which will continue past the pallet, and end about even with the 2nd basement window.

yard.jpg

This pic shows the patio block has been changed, and some of the wall work is in place... The big pond will be about 20' or so off the back of the house...

bed29.jpg

Digging/prepping for the pond... Finished size is roughly 12 x 18 with a depth going to 5' at the deepest area.

DSCN3802.jpg

Newly running with the addition of 250 water hyacinths (didnt go far)

DSCN4002.jpg

Just filled the bog with water...

BOG.jpg

Starting the pvc grid and a little bit of gravel added (lots more to go)...

BOG2.jpg

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Nice pics, Great looking area for some serious ponding. You might want to consider using the showcase thread as well. You'll be the only one that can post there and it stays clean, then you can go back and look at the progress, Some of us have our showcase as our signature so you can see start to present. It's a cool feature of the site I like very much. BTW, Looking good!

Reaction score
Thank you! That sounds like a great idea, but will hold off til things are better in place. So many things are just rigged to "make it work" for now and not plumbed right at all.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
double post, post here for input, post in the showcase for an ongoing record of your build Just do a cut and paste, makes it real easy.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very nice huge pond build.......love it and now you will have fun adding the finishing touches from here to eternity like the rest of us :D

Ask a Question