New to the pond world need some advice on liners please

Reaction score
DSCN3186.JPGI bought a house which has a pond in the garden but the liner was split, so I drained the pond and found it was not as deep as I first thought. So I dug it deeper and wider, I have added sleepers on top of the sides to give me some extra hight the pond is now approx 5m long x 2m wide x 1m deep.
I have been getting advice from a few people about liners some say only get a Butyl liner but that will cost me over £300 where as a flexi pond liner from pondkeeper.co.uk will cost me £125 & that includes a fleece underlay and comes with a 40yr guarantee.
As my pump has packed in as well this is going to be an expensive time!!

Has anyone got any advice which liner I should opt for??? :bye2:

Attachments

• DSCN3195.JPG
    DSCN3195.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 344
  • DSCN3204.JPG
    DSCN3204.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 363
  • DSCN3225.JPG
    DSCN3225.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 304

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Welcome to the forum !

i have always used 45 mil edpm , I like the new work

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and looked like hard digging and the one with a 40 year with underlayment if it is thick and has that kind of guarantee sounds good .But don't know how good most of that would be these days as companies are dropping like flies here .One day they are there next day gone .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Willo welcome from Sunny Plymouth , personally I would pay the extra for a peice of mind I know its expensive but you only get what you pay for,
I've never heard of a 40 year garentee more like 20 years, have you thought about breeze block construction most peopleknow go for that option in the koi world along with a bottom drain .
If you choose the butyl option you could still go with the bottom drain.
Filter wise you need one man enough to do the job of turning the pond over, get the wrong size and it'll be a waste of money.
What are you thinking of keeping in he pond koi or goldfish ?
Fish keeping initially can be a bit expensive but the enjoyment after the initial outlay PRICELESS
Weve been around the hobby for the last 27 years now if your going for koi keep digging 4ft is the shallowest for the 5ft the deepest..

rgrds

Dave

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
DrCase said:
Welcome to the forum !

i have always used 45 mil edpm , I like the new work
Same. Some of my 45 mil is 20 years old and you can pull it up and move it to a new pond without problems. Stands up well to the sun if it happens to be exposed. Easy to connect pipes to etc.

Ask a Question