New to this - affinity pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
Welcome, I am relatively now also so I am not able to give you advice, just encouragement. Lots of very experienced and knowledgeable ponders here so I am sure you will get some advice soon. Welcome aboard.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for the warm welcome! THis is a new hobby to me, I didnt realise I would want to do this.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
Me too. I had aquariums forever but we moved from Virginia to Alabama and i parted with my hoard of aquariums and equipment. Finally settled in here and decided to go the pond route. I am now In the process of digging my pond and it is hard going. Either wet sticky clay full of Little Rock’s or rock hard clay you need a pick for. And I hit ground water 18 inches down. Now I have to pump out the water before I resume digging. Hope to finish before winter
But the crew here has been very supportive answering all of my questions and there have been many.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 9b
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like your pond has already been filled lol.

Our ground over here is so dry there has been no rain for a long time so even planting new plants etc is impossible.

Ask a Question