New to this forum

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello I am new to this forum. I am from Massachusetts and am starting in on building my backyard pond today! One question I have been researching all morning and have yet to get a straight answer on is; can I use the clear contractors tarp as the lining of my 3 foot by 1 foot waterfall?

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I would not advise it as most of these tarps are not treated to be UV resistant for very long. This tarp may soon become brittle and crack. Temperature fluctuations will produce the same results. Bite the bullet and use 45 mil epdm and don't look back!

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
GroupWelcome.gif

Have to agree with @Meyer Jordan. 45 mil edpm is the ONLY way to go for a stable liner. To cut corners and use something less expensive and far way inferior is only asking for trouble within a very short time.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Welcome! You've already gotten the best answer to your question - we look forward to seeing pictures of your pond in progress!

Ask a Question