j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep started out w/12 feeder fish about 16 yrs ago and then got some free Sarasa Comets and some Shubunkins. Now have about I'd say 100 fish! At first they produced babies but now I hardly ever see even one little one and that's fine as I have too many already. Would love to see pictures of your fish and pond or ponds.

Reaction score
Country
United States
i will be glad to post some pics. when it gets warm. lol everything is covered up pretty tight now. im guessing you are the forum mod.i dont know nothing about gold fish..im just KOI crazy

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Nope I'm not a mod, just a member. I went the cheap route w/goldfish as would never want to chance losing a pricey koi fish.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and I have koi from a koi farm in NC but they were rejects as they called them .I bought each one for about 2 to 4 dollars and that was back in 2005 and have not lost any of them yet .My aggie was attacked by a raccoon and hoping she heals .I captured the 2 raccoons and relocated them with the help of animal control telling me where I could relocate them

Reaction score
Country
United States
thank you for the welcome.....Tula i see a lot of gold fish people on here .no issues with that , i dont know nothing about gold fish. koi yes .ponds yes .gold fish not much.

Reaction score
Country
United States
ok everyone im new to forum, but not to koi . i raise koi here. i import koi from japan each year. then most of them i got for breeding.i raise about 600000 to 800000 each year.out of those. i cull all but about 2to 3 000 . then the 2 cull i sell pumpkin seed 1-inchers for .50 ea. to help with ele bill, food etc. they go pretty fast. then out of those i get any where between 80-150 of the best colors.i winter these.and sell these to customers after i know they are healthy with no issues. by then most are 4 -6 inches. they go for about 10.00 when my add hits the paper i got a line out side with buckets. i do sell a few big fish but not many. over 40 years of raising fish...koi, i dont know nothing about gold fish.......no issues with them to each his own jewel is in the eye of the beholder....thanks for the welcome mike

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our Forum!

I have only shubunkins, goldfish love them and beautiful colors.

Ask a Question