New User from Korat Thailand

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13a
Country
Thailand
I probably should have introduced myself before asking questions. But, I asked anyway and got some tremendous help. (Thank-you Meyer.) So, time for the introduction:

I'm originally from California, but spent most of my adult life on Saipan in the Northern Mariana Islands. I retired to Thailand in 2005.

I've built two garden ponds. The first one is on Saipan. I built that in about 1995 and it's still going strong. The second is Nakhon Ratchasima (Korat) in Northeast Thailand. I built it in about 2007 and, sadly, it's been a lot more trouble than the first one….

Here are some photos of the Saipan pond:

Saipan Pond

I apologize for the primitive website, but I did that back when we were all on dial-up Internet connections.

Here are some photos of the construction of the Korat pond:

Korat Pond

And, it's untimely rehab:

Pond Rehab

Stream Rehab

Thanks again to those who have already offered their help and advice.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13a
Country
Thailand
Well, Rob, I've looked at your pond showcase and have to say it that it must be the object of great envy and admiration. You've worked hard to make something both beautiful and impressive. I wish I had the guts to attempt a project that big!

Ask a Question